MATCHA POWDER VARIATION
21/03/2016

_________________________________________________________________

Personally I´m not the biggest fan of coffee. I just don´t really like the taste and if I have some, it´s usually with a lot of milk. Last month I discovered this green powder whitch doesn´t only boost your energy in the morning but has a lot of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Therefore it´s the perfect replacement for normal coffee, helps to loose weight quite good and adds to a balanced diet.
Whenever I feel like I need some more energy, I just make myself a yummy matcha latte or a fresh green matcha smoothy. 
So I present to you my three favourite Matcha recipes! Enjoy!!;)
___________________________________________________________________________________



MATCHA LATTE




I drink this every morning before school because it gives me the feeling of beeing awake and ready for the day. It´s a great alternative to coffee or tea and therefore brings a bit of variety on a daily basis. Also I can say that I had something healthy for breakfast, which isn´t bad right?! Besides the chocolate cereal or the crossaint on sundays of cause.
________________________________________
                   I got my matcha powder from amazon which     
                          is the Bio Cooking Matcha from Vega Vital.
For a Matcha Latte like I drink it you´ll need:


  • almond milk 300ml
  • 1/2 tsp. matcha powder
  • 1 tsp. agave syrup
________________________________________
                                                                    

Fill all ingredients in a small pot and mix everything with this bamboo eggbeater (I have no idea if thats the right word for it :D) you can see on the pictures until it´s fluffy and smooth. Heat it up for about three minutes on highest heat and then transfer it into your cup. Now add a straw and enjoy!!







___________________________________________________________________________________


GREEN MATCHA SMOOTHIE
______________________________
Ingrediants:


  • banana               1
  • ginger                4cm
  • spinach              60g
  • water                 300ml
  • matcha powder 1/2 tsp.
  • agave syrup       1 tsp.
  • lemon juice of   1/2 lemons

______________________________







First put the banana, syrup and matcha powder into the blender. 
On top add the spinach, ginger, water and lemon juice. Blend everyting until it´s smooth. Fill the smoothie in a nice glas, add a straw and enjoy!!



___________________________________________________________________________________

COOKIES

One of my best friends had made these cookies ones and I immediatly had to have the recipe. I find the taste of matcha in cookies so delicious and let me be honest witch you I really had to control myselft, to not eat all cookies at once.  The nice thing about this recipe is that it only takes about 20 min to make them and again brings a bit of variety to the normal cookie.

______________________________________________
What you need:


  • flour (I used gluten free flour)    150g / 1&1/5 cup
  • MATCHA powder                      1 tbsp
  • baking soda                                1/4 tsp
  • unsalted butter                            100g
  • granulated sugar                         50g / 1/4 cup
  • brown sugar                                100g / 1/2 cup
  • salt                                               a pinch
  • egg                                              1
  • white chocolate                           50g
  • cashews                                       1/4 cup 
______________________________________________




1. Preheat oven to 180° air circulation. Combine flour, matcha powder and baking soda



2. Microwave butter until it´s completely melted. Combine butter, sugar, the egg and salt, then mix.

3. Add the powder ingredients, the chopped chocolate and cashews   and mix until you have a smooth      

dough.



4. Drop the cookie dough tablespoons full and rounded onto the parchment paper. Careful! Leave a bit of space between each dough just to make sure they won´t stick together when they bake.

5. Bake for ca. 10 min.  Unfortunately I took mine out to late, so  they already got a bit to brown on the edges. Don´t do the same mistake to over bake them! Voilà. Don´t they look delicious?







Did you already now about matcha and if so, what is your favourite way to use MATCHA powder?
I would love to chat with you about it.
Thanks for reading!! See you soon!

Want to read more?



--> Click here to read my detox                   cleansing juice recipes
_______________________

      _________________________                                 
    or one of my traveling diaries<--
                                           (here)




No comments:

Post a Comment

BLOG DESIGN BY KOTRYNA BASS DESIGN